Reducing Risk and Controlling Costs
As a Risk Manager, your role is critical to your company’s ability to contain costs. Your unique set of skills, knowledge and experience are essential to recognizing and controlling loss drivers.
Focusing on controllable risks can greatly assist you in improving bottom line results. And knowing where to focus your attention – avoiding injury at work – is where you can save hundreds of thousands of dollars in insurance premiums and Workers’ Comp claims.
Shouldn’t preventing injury be targeted by every Risk Manager as a cost avoidance strategy? We think so.
CorpMed’s Ergo Clinic online training program has been proven to be one of the most economic solutions for reducing injury rates. For just a few dollars per employee, dozens of companies have reduced absences, avoided costly surgeries, and watched disability claims plummet to almost zero after employees were given access to the Ergo Clinic tutorial.
Additional benefits include:
- Painful conditions are recognized earlier and corrected before disability sets in
- Productivity and quality are improved due to increased comfort
- Less exposure to future claims because the training is effective and well documented
- Lower costs for disability and replacement workers
- Fewer new equipment purchases as employees learn to correctly adjust their existing equipment
Plus, our clients have experienced savings with their health plans, and lowered Experience Mod Rate and insurance premiums.
|$340,000 Annual Savings|
|When this financial services company’s direct medical costs reached more than $350,000, our web-based training was emailed to all employees. Progress was closely monitored using the reporting features provided with the Ergo Clinic. Results: Dramatic cost declines were recognized rapidly and steadily. By 2006, annual total medical costs had dropped to approximately $10,000. |