Reduce Workers’ Comp Costs
Ergonomic-related injuries such as Cumulative Trauma Disorders (CTDs), Repetitive Strain Injuries (RSIs) or Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSDs) are the most common and also the most costly of all workplace disorders.
Examples of these disorders include the following:
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Tendonitis of the wrist, elbow or shoulder
- Lower Back Pain
Costs to an organization for such injuries include:
- Indemnity – replacement wages for workers out of work due to injury
- Additional wages – for those filling in for injured workers
- Lost productivity – due to absent or restricted workers
- Absenteeism – for workers who do not file a claim; and “presentee-ism” (working at low capacity due to discomfort)
- Quality problems – due to workers filling in for an injured worker
- Overtime and temporary workers
- Sickness absence for injuries not claimed under W/C (estimated at three times the number of claims for CTDs)
The medical costs to injured workers include medical office visits, medication, surgery, therapy, rehabilitation and/or chiropractic care. These continue to increase much faster than the rate of inflation.
For just a few dollars per employee, CorpMed’s Ergo Clinics have saved companies millions of dollars by helping to significantly reduce workers comp claims and increase productivity, quality, morale and employee retention.
Discover the tangible benefits and measurable savings your company can experience. This report outlines actual results our clients have enjoyed since implementing the Ergo Clinic in their organizations.